Writing Without a Trace

Parker fountain pen and quink converter zero waste writing not a ball point

Like everyone else and their uncle, I did of course get this idea from Bea Johnson's blog. It took me a long time though, to convince myself that this was a good idea; to ditch reliable refillable or disposable ball point for something that is expensive to buy, to write with and may leak or be lost.

In the end though this has turned out to be rather good. Not wanting to risk loosing an expensive pen I bought the cheapest metal specimen I could find in the form of this £15 quid Parker with converter inside. The nib isn't great and the line bleeds ever so slightly when writing, but it will do for now. If I can make it to the end of the year without losing it I will treat myself to a proper one, and donate this to someone wanting to give it a try. 


The good news is it is really easy to fill, just make sure you have it over the sink or some scrap paper just in case. It is also good at not leaking, which is more than can be said for disposable ball point pens that somehow leak so that the ink is in the middle of the tube and nowhere near the writing bit. Which is wasted plastic from the start instead of at the end! It also looks and feels much nicer, and drawing up the ink is quite fun. 

Comments

Popular Posts