Where do I begin?

path through woods birch trees cycle track foot path

Everybody has their starting point, and this is mine. While it isn’t the first time I have tried to take a zero waste journey, it is the right time now that the ball is rolling and people are taking it much more seriously. Last time I seriously looked (back in the late 1990’s) you couldn’t get a non-plastic toothbrush!
It amazes me how much has changed, with people living almost waste-free now for several years. But I feel lucky that I grew up with some old fashioned values about making and mending, using less, choosing simple, and reusing.
Culturally we are at a time when we are able to bring together elements that have been around for decades, but not always together, such as permaculture, circular economy, selfsufficiency, sustainability. And with the internet and lots of inspired people out there almost all of this is right on our doorsteps. It’s not easy, but it has never been easier.

Comments

Popular Posts